Capital Rubber is safety conscious and promotes the use of Whip Checks on all pressurized hose applications. To prevent serious injury due to hose or coupling failure, add a Whip Check at each hose connection and from equipment to hose. Install in the fully extended position (no slack) for proper safety assurance. Spring-loaded loops in the cable ends open easily to slip over the couplings for a firm grip on the hose.
- Available in four sizes to work with hoses from 1/2″ through 4″ inside diameters
- Available as hose-to-hose (as shown) or hose-to-tool end styles
- Optional safety clip and lanyard attachment provides added safety for universal type couplers
- Stainless Steel cables available for corrosive environment applications
- Rated at 200 PSI air service
- OSHA compliant and MSHA approved
- High pressure and large bore safety systems available
MSHA & OSHA Requirement Statements:
MSHA 30 CFR § 56.13021
High-pressure hose connections
Except where automatic shutoff valves are used, safety chains or other suitable locking devices shall be used at connections to machines of high-pressure hose lines of 3/4-inch inside diameter or larger, and between high-pressure hose lines of 3/4-inch inside diameter or larger, where a connection failure would create a hazard.
OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.302(b)(1)
Pneumatic power tools shall be secured to the hose or whip by some positive means to prevent the tool from becoming accidentally disconnected.