Be safety conscious and promote the use of Whip Checks on all pressurized hose applications. To prevent serious injury due to hose or coupling failure, add a Whip Check at each hose connection and from equipment to hose. Install in the fully extended position (no slack) for proper safety assurance. Spring-loaded loops in the cable ends open easily to slip over the couplings for a firm grip on the hose. Also known as whip arrestors or hose choker cables.
- Available in four adjustable sizes for a hose range from 1/2″ through 4″ inside diameters
- Available as hose-to-hose (as shown) or hose-to-tool end styles (one side – larger loop)
- Stainless Steel cables available for corrosive environment applications
- Rated at 200 PSI air service
- OSHA compliant and MSHA approved
High pressure Whip Stop safety restraint systems available
MSHA & OSHA Requirement Statements:
MSHA 30 CFR § 56.13021
High-pressure hose connections
Except where automatic shutoff valves are used, safety chains or other suitable locking devices shall be used at connections to machines of high-pressure hose lines of 3/4-inch inside diameter or larger, and between high-pressure hose lines of 3/4-inch inside diameter or larger, where a connection failure would create a hazard.
OSHA 29 CFR § 1926.302(b)(1)
Pneumatic power tools shall be secured to the hose or whip by some positive means to prevent the tool from becoming accidentally disconnected.
This product is not directly approved, endorsed, or certified by MSHA or OSHA, however it is designed to meet the requirements of these organizations